Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV
About the Team
The compliance department provides an advisory and control service for the Accounting department in their escrow account opening function. The department further assists compliance management in effectively identifying, assessing and mitigating its compliance-related risks on a daily basis.
Report to the Chief Compliance Officer, execute the compliance program functions including ongoing review of escrow account applications ensuring that the contracts are correctly executed, the persons pertinent to the contracts are thoroughly identified and have been thoroughly vetted. Maintaining customer relationships by keeping them appraised on the status of their deals and educating them on how to use our system.
- Act as the first level reviewer in making initial investigation decisions complying with BSA/AML & OFAC regulations as well as determining the specific information needed to manage the investigation.
- Manage a queue of cases, ensuring timely follow up of requests and adherence to escalation procedures.
- Advise Management on current issues regarding escrow banking and opening of custodian accounts.
- Prepare and participate in various training sessions provided to front office and operation persons.
- Assist other members of AML Compliance with ad hoc analysis and investigation requests.
- Perform analysis and duties pursuant to obligations under the USA PATRIOT Act (Section 314(a) and 314(b) requests; Section 319).
- Conduct targeted account reviews on high risk banking clients and be able to analyze holistic views of customers in terms of products, services and underlying transactions as well as escalate potential issues.
- Assist in regulatory inquiries, internal audits and other examinations by keeping complete records.
- Interact with Compliance Management to ensure business processes remain compliant with Firm and Department policies and industry regulation.
- Know and understand the laws applicable to money laundering, to include the BSA, the USA PATRIOT Act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements.
- Review and analyze AML current trends and news in order to identify high risk areas, counter-parties or keywords to incorporate into monitoring filters, rules, or profiles.
- Participate in additional projects as appropriate.
Skills & Requirements
- 1-2 years’ experience in Banking or Finance
- Any experience in AML/BSA a plus, but not required (we’ll train)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience with online research systems including web-based tools
- Team player, able to use initiative and possess good judgment, strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Finance: 1 year
- Banking: 1 year
The enormous opportunity created by the JOBS Act is leading to an explosion of firms emerging to operate funding portals, aka “platforms.” FundAmerica’s mission is to provide FinTech to the crowdfunding industry and deliver the highest value to our customers. Additionally, we plan to expand into other areas of service to the industry.
The software is designed and written by full-time FundAmerica engineers (not overseas contractors) using Ruby on Rails. It will enable you to legally and efficiently help businesses get funded. It allows you to accelerate your business model by leveraging our easy-to-implement tools for some of the most complicated back-office pieces of the fundraising process.
We created our software to enable comprehensive self-service use of our tools and technology. Simply sign up and you can access our API’s, plug ‘n play widgets and web-based forms.
What We Do
Our services enable people to build our technology into their websites and platforms using API’s (Application Programming Interfaces) and embeddable apps (widgets), as well as direct-use forms on our site. We are initially providing backend services that the vast majority of market participants need and cannot do directly themselves, including:
- Broker-dealer services
- Electronically signed and stored investor subscription agreements
- Background checks for anti-money laundering and PATRIOT Act compliance
- Payment processing
- Occasional work from home
- Open and laid back work atmosphere
- Flexible PTO that never expires and can be cashed in
- Stock options
- Get in on the ground floor of an industry getting disrupted
- Low cost of living
- No state income tax
- Technology oriented CEO
- Fully stocked drink fridge
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V